Animals

This post will be about animals. Enjoy!

Do you have animals? I used to have about 28. Well, 28 as long as your counting fish. Originally I bought two guppies, then a few months later I found out I bought a pregnant guppy. If you don’t know about guppies and how they treat their young well you’re about to find out and it’s not so great. When they give birth they will eat their young if they are not hidden. So every time I would see a mini guppy I would get a very tiny net to fish them out. It would take about 25-30 minutes to take 5 guppies out of the tank because they are so fast and small I can’t really see them. Though taking them out of the parent’s tank is hard cleaning the tanks are worse. When you get all of the fish out you think the worst is over, well it’s not. After you take the fish out you have to clean the nasty tank filled with fish poop and leftover food, it’s gross. So my advice for getting fish is to either get the male guppy or don’t get a guppy at all.

I have two dogs, Guinness and Charlie. They are both about 10 years old. Charlie, we got from a shelter. Charlie is a mixed light brown dog. He first belonged to a military family but then they just left him on the street. I have been with Charlie for a while and still remember how we named him. When Charlie was younger he was super energetic and was really fun to play with because I was young too. I feel like I have grown up with him and I just don’t want to think about what will happen to him when he gets too old. Now that he is about 10 years old we kind of act the same. He is always tired like I am and he always wants to curl up in a ball when he is cold. We also are afraid of heights and when he is afraid of the thunder my whole family stays with him.

The other dog, Guinness is a pure black lab. We got him from a lady who had just gotten into a bad divorce and could not keep him. She came to our house and she asked if we could take a dog. At first, my mom was very hesitant because our other dog had just died and he meant the world to my mom. She had just gotten over what happened to my other dog and wasn’t thinking about another dog. But my mom let Guinness into the house to see how he felt in our house and straight away he went in and when my mom gave him food he ate it. It seemed he was really comfortable in the house and we took Guinness in. Although Guinness was free all of his medicine for his arthritis and leg problems are in the place of buying a black lab. Guinness will also eat my other dogs’ food and still feel hungry after that so that’s why we have to separate them when it is meal time. Also, one last thing, when I said Guinness was comfortable in our house he was just being himself so he would have done the same to any house.

I hope you enjoyed- hmsjosephine

Photos-

Guppy

Charlie and Guinness (the photos were taken by me)